CBG Products: What to Look for When Purchasing CBG Supplements
Interested in the incredibly wide range of benefits offered by cannabinoids? From CBD to CBN, cannabinoids promise to help us live happier, healthier lives. They can help us combat chronic pain, free us from inflammation, help us sleep better, and even reduce or even eliminate seizures.
CBG is one of the most promising cannabinoids, even though it’s not as well-known as CBD or a handful of others. Not sure what cannabigerol is or what CBG products will work best for you? We’ll explore those topics and more in this guide.
What Is Cannabigerol?
Cannabigerol, usually abbreviated as CBG, is sometimes called the mother of all cannabinoids. This is something of a misnomer, though. The true mother of all cannabinoids is cannabigerolic acid, or CBGA. True cannabigerol, like what you would consume in CBG products, is a derivative of CBGA, as are other cannabinoids, including:
However, it’s important to understand that producing CBG is very challenging. It’s one of the rarest cannabinoids and makes up around 1% of the yield in each batch. Part of this is because CBG content is highest in much younger plants, and the concentration tends to fade as plants age.
The Benefits of CBG
Now that we have explained what CBG is, it’s time to consider the benefits that you might see by using CBG products. Many of these are similar to what you would experience with CBD, but some are exclusive to CBG.
- IBD – One interesting benefit is that CBG may be able to help with IBD like Crohn’s and ulcerative colitis. The term IBD (inflammatory bowel disease) is a catch-all that includes multiple diseases. In animal tests, CBG was able to reduce both inflammation and the production of nitric oxide.
- Cancer – CBG may be able to help block the spread of cancer cells. In animal testing, it was able to block the receptors responsible for the growth of cancer cells. It was also shown to slow the growth of colon cancer cells.
- Glaucoma – Glaucoma is a painful, debilitating disease that eventually results in blindness. CBG may be able to reduce or even eliminate the internal pressure within the eye responsible for the loss of vision.
Choosing the Right Type of CBG Products
You’ll find CBG products fall into several types. We’ll discuss each below.
Tinctures are alcohol-based products in which the alcohol is used as a solvent to leech the cannabinoids from the plant matter. That alcohol is then combined with MCT carrier oil (usually a high-quality coconut oil), as well as any other ingredients the manufacturer wants to combine. Tinctures are designed to be taken sublingually, which means applied under the tongue. You’ll hold it there for 30 seconds while the cannabinoids enter your bloodstream, and then swallow it. You can also add tinctures to foods and beverages if you prefer not to take
them sublingually. However, you cannot apply tinctures topically. Doing so would be a waste of your product.
Creating CBG oil begins with what’s called CO2 extraction. The extract is then added to a high-quality MCT oil, usually coconut oil. Finally, manufacturers add other ingredients that bring additional benefits to their CBG products. Oils can be taken sublingually like tinctures, they can be swallowed directly, or they can be added to foods and beverages. In some cases, they can be applied topically, although this will depend on the carrier oil used. Always read the manufacturer’s directions first.
Capsules are perhaps the most convenient of all the CBG products. They include most of the same ingredients as tinctures and oils, including carrier oil. However, those ingredients are encapsulated in a flexible, dissolvable capsule. Some manufacturers use animal gelatin, but many have switched to using plant-based cellulose capsules. Capsules are designed to be swallowed and should be taken with food to help ensure they dissolve completely.
Consider Our CBG Products
If you’re looking for a high-quality tincture, consider our RESTORE CBD + CBG tincture. It includes 2,500 mg of CBD and CBG, ensuring that you get the benefits of both. However, we also added ashwagandha, cordyceps and turkey tail mushrooms, and turmeric to the mix to further enhance the health advantages.
- Cordyceps is a fungus that has long been used for its health benefits. These include boosting physical performance, fighting aging, anti-cancer properties, blood sugar control, controlling inflammation, improving heart health, and more.
- Turkey Tail mushrooms can boost your immune system, deliver additional antioxidants to the body, fight cancer, and improve gut health.
- Turmeric has been used for hundreds of years to improve heart health, improve cognition, and fight cancer, among other things.
- Ashwagandha is derived from a small shrub and is used to reduce inflammation, boost the immune system, lower blood pressure, and even help instill a sense of calm.
If you prefer capsules, consider our RESTORE CBD + CBG softgels. They offer 750 mg of CBD and CBG, combined with ashwagandha, cordyceps, turkey tail mushrooms, and turmeric. Our softgels are easy to take, create no mess, and can be carried with you easily.
You can also explore our other products to find the one that suits you and your needs perfectly.
CBG products run a wide range. However, it’s important to work with a trusted manufacturer. At The Raw Botanics Co., we take great care in sourcing our suppliers and only work with those who pass our rigorous vetting process. We also use state-of-the-art extraction processes to ensure maximum cannabinoid content and bioavailability. Finally, you don’t have to take our word for it. All of our products are tested by trusted third-party laboratories for efficacy and quality. Your peace of mind and health are our only goals.
Interesting in learning more about cannabinoids, particularly some of the more exotic compounds that we’re only just now learning about? Join us on our journey into this incredible world and learn about CBG, CBN, CBC, and more.